Friday, March 4, 2011

HI INTERNET!

I'm really bad at updating my other web page and I keep forgetting to re-register it, so here's the blog thing:

This is the internet space for SIGFRIED AND ROID-RAGE. This is my acoustic punk project. I'm from Huntsville, AL but I live in Rome, Italy. I sing songs that are political but some of them are about love and depression. I play music that is strongly rooted in the DIY punk/ hardcore scene and believe that punk is a great unifying phenomenon throughout the world and can and should be used to establish a comfortable space where people can discover that there's more to the world than what's going on in their neighborhood and then thinking about how to make their neighborhoods a better place. Punk may not be the solution but, it's a good place to start.

Since I started playing music this way, I've been extremely lucky to meet awesome people and go to some fucking amazing places. I've played shows in Italy, USA, Ghana, Israel, Austria, France, Monaco, England, and Scotland

Here's some awesome bands my friends are in that you should check out!
 
CBEND (MOBILE, AL)
THE NAPPIES  (LATINA, IT)
MISS CHAIN AND THE BROKEN HEELS (BERGAMO/THIENE, IT)
UZBEKS (TEL-AVIV/HAIFA/JERUSALEM, IL)
IL BUIO(THIENE, IT)

XTRAMEDIUM  (BEAUSOLEIL / NICE, FR)
DRIVE TASTY (ROME, IT)
REALLY LOUD HAMBURGERS (HUNTSVILLE, AL)
WHAT! (ROME,IT)
ADD/C (CHATTANOOGA, TN)
THE RATCLIFFS (INNSBRUCK, AT)
TULSA (BROOKLYN, NY/OAKLAND, CA /ASHEVILLE, NC)
NO BABIES (OAKLAND, CA)

No comments:

Post a Comment