Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back from the Desert!

Hello Internet People,


It has been a long time since I wrote anything here. I've been back from Israhell for about a week and post-tour depression is starting to kick in. Right now, I'm kicking it in the Central Veneto in Northern Italy. If anyone is passing through this summer I can highly recommend that you check out Cascina Irma, it's one of the only regular spaces to see shows in the Vicenza area during the summer. Every tuesday and thursday at the library in Zanè... This thursday THE MIDWEST BEAT are playing and it's gonna be an awesome time. 


This time around my trip to Israel was a more concentrated experience and time felt like it flied by. On the last day, none of us could believe it was over. Total non-stop arak party from the day I got into the country. This time around, SIGFRIED AND ROID-RAGE developed into more of a full band project as I met back up with my best buds Guy and Amit and we rocked the fuck out of Tel-Aviv, Jerusalem, Kfar Saba and Haifa... especially Kfar Saba. We were all really happy to be together and playing music and seeing old friends and making new ones!


We even got enough time together to record 11 new songs that are just waiting for someone (maybe you) to make a tape out of them. They're killer drunk-oogle-pop-punk/region-rock (if you can define the mediterranean as a region) jammers that will break yer shitty cassette player while you listen to them on yer porch at the middle of the night in between listening to THIN LIZZY cassettes. 


Here's a cover that we did of my really good buddy CBEND,she's amazing you should really check out her music and buy EVERYTHING she has for sale cos it's really good and she needs the money to move to Pittsburgh!:  


Spitting Knives by SIGFRIED AND ROID-RAGE


If anyone's interested in making a tape/cd/7"/whatever get in touch at: davidvanhale [at] gmail [dot] com


I'd like to give some big thanks to the following people for being total rulers and making my time in Israel absolutely awesome!: Nadav, David, Amit, Guy, Nastya, CC, Andrea, Zipik, Ben, Kricher, Batel (BIRTHDAY WEEK), Yuval, Dean, Lohm, Assi, Rebecca, Itai, Sharona, Gad (spero che ti è piaciuto il chinotto, diocan'!), Yoni, Aya, Sima, Chizo, ALERT, NIPPLE TWIST, Rugatka, Party Jesus, Uganda J-town and now brand new in scenic south Tel-Aviv!, old friend, AM:PM, Kingdom of Pork, MONDO GECKO, D9, NOT ON TOUR, THE BACKLINERS, and I'm sure a ton of other people that I'm forgetting... long live ZVULDOOM 14!!!!  


I'd like to say fuck you to:
Uncle Smith, the sound douche at Syn-Copa... get another job you fuck, Keglovich vodka, creepy religious guy at Gan Sacher, expensive ass-gas prices, that crazy ass guy on the bus that kept hitting people and trying to molest the girl sitting next to me... I'm sorry you went to prison but that's not a reason to treat people that way.


I'M LOVIN IT 2012!!!!!


-David

No comments:

Post a Comment